This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

4.03.2011

His Plan. Our Joy.

Thank you for checking out our blog! I hope that our story will be a source of encouragement to you. We are a very ordinary family seeking to live out God's Plan for our lives... and finding ourselves surprised by His Joy. Soli deo Gloria (all glory to God alone).


In 2008, we adopted our son from Ethiopia and our little world got a little bigger. But it all really began for us in 2007 when God met Scott and me in the same moment at a missions conference and showed us His mission for our family. In those moments our hearts were completely overwhelmed with love for orphan children. For a second, maybe we saw a glimpse of how God sees them. We knew our first step of obedience was to begin with one simple adoption (turns out that is actually an oxymoron!)

But we knew this was just the beginning. This blog, for me, is a chance to share our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it. It is also a place to bring into the spotlight the 163 million orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for the orphan and widow in their distress" (James 1:27)

I am writing for love of "the least of these" ... because my God identifies with those in whom the world sees no value. (Matt. 25:45)   Above all, I am writing for love of my Lord... any love we have to give is because "He first loved us."

So today the story continues... with a twist we were not at all expecting! I cannot wait to share with you how God has turned my resistant and doubt-filled heart to a heart of trust and joy as we submitted to His plan for our lives... the adoption of a little girl from China with some special needs. (Turns out I am the one with "special needs"...) More to come on little M soon!

 "Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." Psalm 115:1

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to follow your journey. I love little "M" already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, too, are so excited to follow along your incredible journey. I can't wait to read about the amazing things that God is doing in your lives (and in our lives). We love little "M" too, just as we do your 3 other beautiful children. I can already tell that your blog is going to bring tears to my eyes on a daily basis! :0) LOVE LOVE LOVE the name of your blog, too! I can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to following your journey to M and reading what's on your heart. Excited about what God has in store for your family. Sent you an email yesterday about possibly getting together this weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete