This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

7.14.2011

Beniam's Adoption Video

Ben's Adoption Video



So here's the deal. I am not really good with this whole not-saying-your-real-names thing. It just feels so impersonal... and plus I always forget. So I convinced Scott (that would be my husband) that I just had to use our names. Which is fun cause now I can write a post about how God gave us our new daughter's name.

But for now, I wanted to share with you this video we made after we brought Beniam home from Ethiopia. I have been working on his three year post adoption report and thought I would celebrate almost being done with sharing this video!

And yes, his name is Beniam. Beniam Ananya. "Beniam" is the Ethiopian version of "Benjamin", which means "son of my right hand". Ananya was his birth name. And I will never forget the feeling of the presence of God in the room as Ben's birthmom told us the story of how she decided to name him Ananya. Ananya is actually a biblical name... it translates as "Hananiah" whom you may also know as "Shadrach" in the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being saved from the fiery furnace. I'll share the story soon! But for now, I hope that you will enjoy the video... our way of marking this special time in our family and also of celebrating the gracious God who brought this family together.

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are amazed."
Psalm 126:3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Haley! It took me back to Addis, and re-broke my heart for the children. What a special memory--thanks for sharing! Now go get Baby M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Haley! What a perfect video to capture that special time - and one that I'm sure will mean the world to Beniam one day. I forgot how little he once was!!

    ReplyDelete