This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

8.18.2011

Sweet Adelyn





I mentioned when I was sharing the story of how we began the journey toward adopting Mei that we spent a significant period of time looking at pictures and reading about children who were waiting in China for a family. It was difficult at the time because we just wanted the Lord to show us who our daughter was so we could open our heart to her and pursue her adoption. But He had other plans. Ultimately, yes, we began the process to adopt Mei. However, there was a point in this time where my heart did open wide... and it was not just for Mei. Over time, each of these waiting children became precious to me in a way that is hard to explain. I think it was because each picture I looked at I wondered, "Could this be our daughter?" And so in the wondering, the love began to grow.

This journey that began for our family in 2007 has always been about more than just adoption. For me, there has also been this calling to 'be a voice for the voiceless'. Recently, I have felt God showing me so many more opportunities for how to do this. One is to advocate for orphan children who need families. I am so very excited to be able to use our blog to do this a little more, and you will be seeing more in coming days! (And not just little ones in China... older kids here in Gainesville, too!)

But for now, I want to introduce you to "Adelyn". Our friend (whose blog God used to start this whole journey) recently told me about Adelyn and I have posted her picture and information below. She is in the same orphanage as Mei, and I would so very much love to be a part of helping find a home for this precious girl. So I hope you'll read about her and join with me in praying for her. I look forward to rejoicing together when the Lord raises up a family for her!

***************************************************

This is

2 yr old

Sweet Adelyn



Adelyn likes playing with other children

She is very curious and observant

Adelyn speaks in four word sentences,

like "The candy is Sweet"


Adelyn's SN:

Scoliosis, a Rib deformity & Spina Bifida of the lumbar vertebra


More specifically: Scoliosis with a shape of “S”, 9th and 10th hemi-vertebrae deformity, spina bifada of the lower thoracic vertebra and lumbar vertebra, dispart-twig deformity of the right 5th and 8th ribs.




In April (at 2 yrs 3 mths) it was noted that she could crawl on her hands and knees, stand, walk when holding a hand or railing.

For more info on Adelyn, feel free to comment or email me: haleyuf@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment