This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

9.16.2011

Babies Welcome Here!






So I think that God is preparing my kids' hearts for a new little one in our home. Case in point.. A couple of weeks ago, our dear friends, Vipul and Kindra came for a visit and brought with them a present for my children to play with... their little one year old treasure, Anlon. Seriously, the kids were enamored with Anlon (he is adorable!) Being the computer dunce I am, I have not figured out how to get pictures into the body of my post... only how to insert them at the top. But I thought I'd share these photos above... one of the kids surrounding little Anlon; then Zoe and Beniam taking turns pulling him in the wagon and giving kisses; and one of Vip with all the kids. Really, it was a joy to have them with us for a short time... Vip and Scott have been friends since high school, and they are just really precious to us as a family.

But I have to say, for the past few months really, I have been amazed with Beniam. This little boy is in love with babies! I am embarrased to admit that I was actually surprised. I honestly thought he'd be disinterested or perhaps a bit rough with these little creatures. Our Beni-Boo is all boy, all the time, after all! His favorite way of showing love with his bestie, Mack, is some sort of wrestling, hitting maneuver that most parents would put their child in time out for.

Anyway, the bottom line is that anytime Beniam has an opportunity to hug, kiss, feed, stroke, or otherwise love on a baby, he is all over it! In July, Ben stayed with my girl Alison and her family for a couple of days and I heard stories of how Beniam loved on their baby boy, kissing him on the head and saying, "Hi, shoogie. Good shoogie!"

Oh, and, yes, I know that Mei will not be a baby when she comes home. However, even though she is 2 1/2, her size and development are much further behind. So, in many senses, she will be more like a one year old.

And, finally, an update on Mei. Oh wait, there is none! Ah, yes, it's the waiting phase in all its glory. For those who know adoption lingo, our LID, or log in date, was August 1. We are now waiting on LOA, or our Letter of Acceptance. Let me tell you, that will be a happy day at our house! Unfortunately, there has been such a wide variation lately amongst the time families are seeing from LID to LOA- some as little as 34 days and others as much as 154. After LOA, it is about 2 months to TA (or travel approval). So we wait and we pray.

I will say that it had never occured to me until recently that we may not have Mei home before the end of this year. But that is a very real possibility now. It literally makes my heart hurt, and yet, I have confidence in the One who orchestrated this whole thing. It is His story, for His glory... and it is His love for Mei (and for us) that inspired and guides this whole thing. So there we rest, in that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment