This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

11.30.2011

Scott on "Why We Adopt"

We are preparing our hearts and home to celebrate the birth of Christ... and also the arrival of our new daughter! Advent was already my favorite season of the year. It is just all the more glorious this year. As we near our travel time, I thought I would post this little note my husband, Scott, wrote to the Orphan Care Ministry at our church as it says so simply what I often try to say in too many words :-) And the post by David Platt so beautifully exalts the God who first loved us.



Dear friends,

As we are now less than 10 days away from flying off to China to bring our daughter, Mei, home I have been so blessed to read the words of David Platt, author of "Radical" and pastor of The Church at Brook Hills, as he and his wife are in China right now bringing home their newly adopted daughter. He wrote on his blog (here) yesterday some powerful and poignant words that serve to me even now as reminders of why we're so crazy for "this adoption thing". It isn't because we just love kids or because want a big family. We adopt because we have been adopted by our ever-loving, Almighty Father. We love because he has first loved us. We see more clearly now than ever just what Abba Father has done for us and want so desperately to enter into that same love and sacrifice that he has shown and done for us.

I strongly encourage you to take a moment to read what he's said. You will be blessed. I have no doubt.

Your brother sharing in God's adoptive, redemptive, unending love,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment