This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

1.02.2012

Beniam Turns Four!



My sweet, amazing Beniam ... Today is your 4th birthday!!

Mommy and Daddy love you so very much.

I love just watching you when you don't know I'm there. You are one funny guy, Benny Boo! There is never a dull moment in this house with you around. We never know what you'll come up with next, and you love to keep everyone laughing. You can be quite the mischief maker, but I have to admit that some of my favorite moments in parenting have been times when you've gotten into 'trouble'. While it was rather dangerous, I actually got a big laugh out of seeing you ride the garage door up to the top. I am just thankful that God has assigned extra angels to your care.

I love watching you play with your trains, and I love that you could be happy playing with one toy all day long... as long as it's a train! You are also so talented physically-- you learned to ride a bike with training wheels when you were two and you rock at throwing up the baseball and hitting it with your bat. Plus, you are always growing!! When I saw you after being gone two weeks, I thought that you had grown a foot. You're a big boy... but you'll always be my baby!

And I love how you LOVE, Benny Boppers! You give hugs and kisses out so liberally, and everytime my heart swells with joy. You are tight-like-glue with your buddy Macky, and I am thankful for such a sweet friendship at such a young age. You are so sweet with babies, and especially your new little sister.

God has good plans for you, Beniam Ananya. I cannot wait to see them unfold...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Haley! I can't believe he is already 4! What a blessing. And now Miss Mei! What a gift. I love reading your posts, really. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to know about Mei's medical condition--if you don't mind sharing, could you email me privately? We are looking at a very intensive surgery for Lily in the next couple of months as well as some biopsies as a result. But I have no doubt that God will watch over her as well as Mei Chara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley,

    Lily's surgeries will both be in Boston. Her first should be fairly quick--just a laporoscopy, the second will be much more difficult. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete