This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

3.15.2012

Cry of the Orphan- Part One

The reason why yesterday's post was so hard for me to write was because I knew what would need to follow. God has burdened my heart tremendously for the plight of orphans both here in America and around the world. But in the past year, I have especially felt the urgency to learn about and then share the dire situation facing many orphans in Eastern Europe. Partly because so many of us do not know about this. And also because one little country in Eastern Europe holds a very special place in my heart. I hope to share more about that later. But for now, I want to share the first of several blog posts written by an adoptive mother of two daughters from Eastern Europe.

The truth is, many will not read this all the way through. Some will wonder if it is even true. I know it is not easy to read, and you may leave feeling discouraged or helpless. But please... please keep reading. God is moving on behalf of these orphans and He is using ordinary people like you and me to bring His rescue and redemption to these precious children. And, no, you do not need to adopt to be able to do something!! So please read and don't close your ears to the cry of these children... and keep reading in coming days so you can learn more about what you can do to respond.

Click here to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment