This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

9.21.2012

Summing Up Summer


About a half a dozen times now I've sat down to write a blog post about this summer.  Every time I hit 'delete' at the end.  How on earth to sum up the past few months?  Truly, it has been a summer unlike any other!  And yet I keep coming back... feeling compelled to write it out somehow.  I couldn't figure out why until I heard this quote in an interview this evening:

"I don't know what I think until I write it."
Marvin Olasky 

So true for me, except I might add... "or say it".  Which is why God gave me the gift of marrying the most patient and encouraging listener I have ever met.


This summer there's been all this living, all this change... Four thousand miles traveled in the air and that trusty  minivan.



And so many more miles of life traversed...


Walking with Mei through surgery and pain and recovery, and learning to manage her care at home.

Mei and my dad in Boone before our second trip to
Cincinnati Children's Hospital.



God coming close and speaking of our future and us all trembling and hopeful.


Hearing Him whisper to us about our oldest son's heart, and saying "yes" to the one thing Isaac's asked for since Kindergarten.  (We are homeschooling him this year.)

See how happy he is?!  Kidding--
This is the kids enjoying the fountains in Knoxville, TN
after Mei's second trip to Cincinnati.


Sitting by the bedside of one of my dearest friends, who happens to also be my grandmother, and watching her life here fade into the next.

Four Generations
(this is before MeiMei came home... and can I just note that
that gorgeous blonde next to me just turned 60?!  Just
celebrating in my heart this past week after her
surprise party how beautiful my mom is both inside and out :-) )


We celebrated Zoe's seventh birthday...

This girl brings laughter and love
wherever she goes.


 thirteen years of marriage... my thirty-fifth birthday...


 and the birth of our new niece ...

Our sister-in-law, Megan, with baby Hannah.



and nephew.

Our step sister-in-law Leigh Anne with little Caleb.


Now fall is well underway and we are finding new rhythms.   Isaac is at home this year for school (fourth grade), while Zoe began second grade at "regular school" and *loves* it.  Beniam is in 4- year preschool three mornings a week, and Mei so very much wanted to join him... So last week she began in the 3- year old class.  This little lady thinks she is *big stuff*!

 I miss my grandmother intensely, although I really don't think it's fully sunk in that she is gone.  She's always been such a big part of my life.  Yet I am incredibly grateful for the precious moments I could be near her in her final days, and I have so many wonderful memories of all our time together.


Thanks again, friends, for all who prayed for our family this summer as we traveled for Mei's surgery and follow up.  She is doing so well, and we are so grateful for all our family and friends who helped and encouraged us all through this season.  My prayer is that when you see that sweet girl laughing and playing, you will have great joy knowing you got to be a part of her journey toward a healthy future!

Mei with "Ma" (my stepmom, Mary,
A,K.A- "the crazy grandma")









No comments:

Post a Comment