This blog is a chance for us to tell our story and shine the light on the God who wrote it.

It is also a place for me to bring into the spotlight the millions of orphans around the world who are waiting for the Body of Christ to fulfill God's command to "care for orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27)

Soli deo Gloria... (All Glory to God Alone).

10.08.2012

Don't Stop the Madness

You know how sometimes a song just says it all?

This one Scott played for me a few months ago.  It was one night after I had begun to feel weary under the weight of some things that were just breaking my heart.  And this song... well, it made me remember.

Remember that I had asked for God to break my heart.

Remember that I don't want go back to the way I was before.  When I thought that my life was "more than I could handle" (and it wasn't fair), and I was so busy "helping myself" (because who else would?).

When I was overwhelmed by my own weaknesses and clinging to control...

Before sweet surrender ... and a broken heart... and a joy that only comes from knowing you are held.  Right here.. in the madness... in the brokenness.  And yet you are not broken.  No strangely, you are whole.  More complete and whole than you have ever been...


So, please, Lord even when I seek my solace in a bowl of ice cream and say I just want to run away from it all... Please, Lord, don't stop the madness.  For here I have found You to be everything you said you would be.
Amen.



(click on image below to hear "Don't Stop the Madness")



No comments:

Post a Comment